LIIF-Financed Schools Achieve Academic Success
You are here:
LIIF has invested in some of the nation’s highest performing charter schools that serve low income communities. Recently, several LIIF-financed schools have been recognized for their outstanding academic achievements.
- Democracy Prep was the top performing public middle school and top performing charter school in New York City according to the New York City Department of Education’s citywide school rankings.
- North Star Academy was named a 2010 National Blue Ribbon School, the highest possible award given by the U.S. Department of Education. The school was also mentioned by Newark Mayor Corey Booker on The Oprah Winfrey Show as an example of an exceptional charter school.
- Three Alliance College-Ready Public Schools ranked among the top 10 high schools in the Los Angeles Unified School District this year as measured by performance on state standardized tests. Alliance was also one of 49 winners of the highly competitive U.S. Department of Education’s Investing in Innovation Fund (i3) competition and will receive a $5 million grant.
- The average statewide assessment score of Aspire Public Schools’ 30 schools surpasses all similarly-sized districts serving low-income communities. The charter network was one of six schools awarded a $1 million grant from Oprah Winfrey’s Angel Network.
- National Council of La Raza named Los Angeles’ Camino Nuevo Charter Academy its 2010 California Regional Honoree for outstanding work in its community.