At the Low Income Investment Fund, we are driven by a mission of poverty alleviation through investments in low income communities. We work to expand opportunity through affordable homes, quality K-12 schools, early care and education centers, health clinics, grocery stores and community facilities.
We believe in measurable impact and are proud to share that as of fiscal year end 2019, we have invested $2.5 billion in projects serving 2.1 million people, which has produced a total estimated $68 billion in cost savings and social benefits to Americans. Thank you for your support and partnership along the way.
If you’d like to explore stories of the communities we’ve served from Spartanburg, SC to the Bronx to San Diego, check out our 2019 Impact Report. Here are some of the stories we’re most proud of this year:
- Supportive Housing: Meeting People Where They Are
- New Markets Tax Credits: Investing in Long-term Community Impact
- LIIF Spurs Another Kind of Startup: Family Child Care Homes
- A Backyard Solution to Displacement in Denver
- How the South is Leading the Way for Community-Driven Revitalization
If you’re interested in the highlight reel, our CEO and Board Chairs shared big news from the year in LIIF’s annual letter, which you can read here.