Urban Health Plan
Urban Health Plan (UHP) is a network of Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) that has provided medical care for more than 30 years to residents of the South Bronx. LIIF participated in a leverage loan led by Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group that is part of a larger New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) transaction. UHP will use the financing to build a new 54,000-square-foot facility adjacent to their currently overcrowded site in the Morrisania neighborhood of t he Bronx. Upon completion of the new building, UHP will provide more than 400,000 patient visits annually, a 50% increase in their capacity. In addition to LIIF and Goldman Sachs, Nonprofit Finance Fund (NFF), Enterprise Community Loan Fund and Seedco Financial Services participated in the leverage loan. NFF, Enterprise Community Investment, Inc. and Stonehenge Community Development are providing the allocation of NMTCs for the deal.
- 400,000 patient visits annually
54,000 square feet of new space for health services
- $3.5 million participation in $18 million leverage loan led by Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group
- Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group
- Nonprofit Finance Fund
- Enterprise Community Loan Fund
- Enterprise Community Investment, Inc.
- Seedco Financial Services
- Stonehenge Community Development
Community Capital for Health Clinics